Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcome Note from Denise on November 30, 2010

Welcome to my Denise's Healing Journey blog where I (or my family) will share my journey with you and receive your comments.

November 27, 2010 I emailed: Many of you know that I have had some medical problems the past 6 months or so.  Unfortunately, last week I received the diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer.  The cancer has already spread to my bowel so it is considered Stage 3.  I met with the oncologist last Tuesday.  I am scheduled for surgery at the Walnut Creek Kaiser on Friday, Dec 3rd.  I will undergo chemotherapy for 5 months, which will begin as quickly as possible after surgery. 

I wish for you to not to think of this as something ugly or bad but simply something that is here as part of my journey in this life.  I ask that you continue to keep your thoughts of me in the light, positive and of a healing nature.  I don't feel negative/sad thoughts of or for me or the cancer will help any.  Whatever your belief in a higher power I would appreciate your thoughts/prayers/meditations/good wishes...whatever your modality. 

I am trying to limit my time on the phone discussing my condition, because it is quite exhausting and I prefer to spend my efforts and energy right now on resting and healing.  If you want to contact me please limit it to email or text for now and I will try to do what I can to respond to you as I can.

10 comments:

soupymama said...

Thinking positive thoughts about you and your strength, and focusing on the best for you on Friday.

Ron and Marie said...

Hi Denise, Lots of prayers are going up for you. Love you.

Anonymous said...

When Ryan had Leukemia, your prayers and love surrounded him, he celebrates his gift of life, as you will! Your family here in Oregon sends to you, all our loving positive thoughts, our prayers will be with you on Friday.

Laurie said...

Hi Denise, not only are positive thoughts and prayers coming your way from Gilbert, AZ, but also lots of hugs and kisses!

Unknown said...

We will be praying for you on Friday, Denise!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending love from Oklahoma. Thanks so much for setting up this site. I think about you and pray for you all the time! I love you, Melanie
P.S. Here's a quote that I have on my desk...
"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

Unknown said...

This is a great way to be connected and feel the love and encouragement that your many friends and family will be sending. Life comes at us hard, some days more than others. With all the love and well wishes coming your way, hopefully we can help soften this Friday for you.

Unknown said...

Denise, You know Ron and I am with you at this time. You can count on us.

Sheetal Gandhi said...

I love you Denise and I will direct my positive heart healing energy to you. Daily.
I commend your strength my dear.
Thank you so much for reaching out.

I won't lie...I'm a little emotional right now hearing this...but you are inspiring me to be positive, not just for you, but about so much in life that we think negatively about.

Love and Light!

Unknown said...

Denise,
Please know that if you ever need to talk I am here for you. I am 15 years cancer-free this month. I hope the next time we meet you will be counting the time you are well and cancer-free. Continue to live in the positive. Sending you loving hugs from Connecticut.


Dr. Oliver