Sunday, June 19, 2011

5k pic posted, Sunday, June 19th

Happy Father's Day to all.  Just wanted to let you know that I posted the picture of the Nurse Practitioner group from Kaiser that did the 5k.  You can see Oliver and I on the right side of the picture.  I hesitated to post this pic because it is one that definitely shows the "moon" face I have acquired due to all of the steroids given to me during chemotherapy.  But I am also very proud that I did my first post-chemo 5k so I wanted the picture to be part of this blog and to share it with all of you.
I have officially started a swim regimen.  I swam 3 times this week and a rate of every other day and increasing by one lap each time.  I am swimming at my local gym.  I am needing to wear water shoes because I have a hard time feeling my feet and knowing whether or not they are kicking and trouble feeling them when I push off the walls of the pool.  The added benefit is that the shoes provide more resistance to the workout also.
Other than that still doing all of my same treatments.  I go to Kaiser tomorrow to have my chest port flushed (it must be flushed every 4-6 weeks).  I will also have my pre-operative labs drawn for surgery next week.
Have a good week,
Denise

No comments:


Dr. Oliver