Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday, July 5th

Happy Late 4th of July!  I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.  Thank you to Andie and Jenn for hosting a barbecue after I claimed I had no 4th of July party to attend.  Dana and Bobby (my sister and brother-in-law) usually have an annual 4th party but this year they traveled down to Southern California to visit Robert (my nephew).
Today was my post-op appointment with Dr. Chen in Walnut Creek.  She is not completely pleased with how the incision is healing.  In the past, I've had reactions to steri strips (the little pieces of tape they use to close a wound).  Because of this she closed the wound with medical glue.  Well, it seems my body does not like it either.  The area around my wound has been red and very itchy and it seems the wound has been expelling the glue and is trying to open up.  So I'm going to try to use the steri strips for a few days with the hope that it will be enough to close the wound without causing a reaction.
Due to my issues with pain and fatigue she extended my disability a little longer with the new date to return to work as August 1st.  She also said if I'm still having issues as that date comes closer to let her know and we can re-evaluate yet again.  I've realized I'm really fearful of returning to work because I feel like the healing I'm trying so hard to achieve in all areas of my life right now, will come to a halt or stop once I return to work, even if it is less hours.
I am sure there is much more I could reveal or discuss, but it is getting late now and I'm having trouble thinking so will post more later.  Hope all of you out there are doing well,
Denise

No comments:


Dr. Oliver