Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Roller Coaster of Life

It's been awhile since I've written and true to the nature of life some wonderful things have happened and some challenging situations have taken place.  I'm not sure where to even begin, which is probably why I've postponed writing on the blog.
On the most sad note, my cousin Patti, passed away from Ovarian Cancer last month.  She was my hero in surviving this disease and truly living life for 11 years post diagnosis.  I brought her to one of my ovarian cancer support group meetings and it was as if I was bringing a celebrity, due to her long years of surviving.  She is greatly missed.
On another challenging note, Oliver and I were involved in a car accident.  We were stopped at a light when this truck drove through the grass and sidewalk of a gas station and broad sided us.  He proceeded to hit us another 3 times in his attempt to leave the scene.  He ultimately ditched his car and ran on foot.  I was very fortunate  that many people stayed on the scene to help us.  Luckily, we were in my Volvo SUV.  What they say about Volvo's durability/safety, is so true.  My vehicle showed some body damage but was ultimately totaled.  I figured with as hard as we were hit, the frame was probably affected.  We are both fine, we were banged up but doing well now.  Time now to go car shopping. If anyone has any ideas, I'm looking for a wagon/SUV type of car that will have good gas mileage, and seats that fold down FLAT to fit Oliver and my bike.
I've recently added another person to my team of healing practitioners.  I'm working with a holistic nutritionist who is also a certified EFT practitioner.  She has been fine tuning my many changes I've already made to my dietary regimen plus working on some of the emotional aspects of diet with the tapping.  It's been great.
 
I had a wonderful weekend with all of my family in Crestline, California, up in the forest and on a lake.  It was the 50th wedding anniversary party for my Uncle Harlo and Aunt Eleanor and my cousin Brianna's wedding.  Dad, Dana, Robert, and I canoed around the lake.  We all took turns trying our balance on a paddle board also.  It was great.

I am very excited to be hosting a home party this Sunday to help some wonderful ladies sell their products.  I'm featuring my Aunt Dolly's paintings, which I've loved my whole life.  Sandy, my neuro-reflex therapist, has also launched a new ALL NATURAL skin care product line and will be showcasing her product.  My cousin, Cindy, a master crafter will be selling her purses and jewelry.  If anyone would like to come by, it will be an open house from 1-4pm.  Spread the word, I would love to have a great turn-out for these ladies.
I thank you all for your continued support,
Denise
Current Affirmation: All is well.  Everything is working out for my highest good.  Out of this situation only good will come.  I am safe.

2 comments:

ryukyusoul said...

I love ya, Denise. Thank you for sharing all the latest. I'm not sure but I might be driving through your area on the way up to Sacramento in a few weeks. I probably wouldn't be able to spend any significant amount of time visiting because of our travel schedule, but if it's meant to be, I hope to see you even for mere moments!

thranduil said...

Denise - glad only the car was damaged! Sending you all of our good wishes.


Dr. Oliver