Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 6th

Yesterday mom and I went to Walnut Creek to meet with my surgical gynecologic oncologist.  We had a great visit, she stayed with us for about an hour answering all of our questions and discussing the plan of care from here on out.  My exam was completely normal and everything has healed well from the surgery.  She is taking my neuropathy very serious and wants to delay chemo for 1-3 wks until the numbness has subsided some.  She says it can take a year for the neuropathy to subside, and whatever severity of neuropathy I have at the year mark will then be considered permanent. 
The plan will be to do the last round of chemo in a few weeks. About a month after that I can have the intraperitoneal port removed.  I will also then have a CT scan which will serve as my new baseline and will show them what my normal is so they have something to compare it to all the future CT's.  I will have a pelvic exam and lab work every 3 months for the next two years.  If anything appears either through blood work, exam, or symptoms then I will have either a CT or PET scan.  For those of you who don't know, all of this future work-up is done because my type of cancer has a very high re-occurrence rate.  I don't intend to have cancer again but I will follow their plan of care to ensure all is well. 
After the appointment we met Don and Becky for lunch.  Thank you so much Don and Becky, it was wonderful to see you.  On the drive home we also stopped by Jules Veterinary Office to pick up a Rx for Oliver and I got to visit with Kecia for a bit.  So all in all I had a very good day and was ready to crash once home.  Dr. Chen says the fatigue will take about a year after chemo to recover from. 
I have another appointment with MerriAnn (the energy healer) and Sandy (neuro reflex therapist) tomorrow.  I will continue to use my alternative methods in addition to the western medicine to help my healing journey.
I hope all is well with all of you.  I love to receive posts or emails from you so keep them coming.
Love and Happiness to you all,
Denise

5 comments:

Adam said...

Glad to see you made it to the ocean and more importantly... Glad to hear the good news! You are always in my prayers and thoughts and I hold that image of you being healthy and vibrant close to my heart. Tony sends his love and says to come visit soon!

MKrueger said...

That is such great news! You deserve it! Hugs to you and your mom!

Karen K.

Jolene said...

Glad you are doing good,keep up the fight, if you need a ride to support group, give me a call,

Unknown said...

Nise - SO good to see you on Saturday. Hope you are having a great week. Give Oliver a big hug for me.

Unknown said...

This is such good news. You are an inspiration, Denise. (it was great to see you & the fam at Red Robin--what a fun place!)


Dr. Oliver