Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Round 5 is officially over and the first day I felt somewhat ok again we headed for the ocean/beach.  The weather has been so beautiful and I enjoy the sunshine on my walks but the ocean has been calling for me since the beginning of this journey.  Yesterday proved to be the day it was finally coming to fruition.  Mom, Dad, Oliver and I loaded up the car and headed for Half Moon Bay.  We found a nice little cove and set up camp.  Oliver had a blast running up and down the beach.  He wasn't much of a socialite with the other doggies but stayed focused on what I was doing and protecting me.  It was the perfect day to be there with large waves to be mesmerized by and just the right temperature to feel toasting but not too warm. 
I meet with my Gyn Oncologist (the surgeon) on Tuesday.  Lots of questions for her since I haven't seen her since the few weeks after my surgery.  We will also likely set up the referral to have the surgical procedure to remove my Intraperitoneal port a month or so after my final round of chemo.  There is a lot online about maintenance chemotherapy which is monthly chemo (often at a lower dose) that continues after the original 6 rounds.  My general oncologist wasn't able to tell me if that is something I need, he simply said it depended on my pathology.  So I'm hoping to get the final answer about that from the Gyn Onc.  I truly feel that I no longer have any cancer so hope the 6 should be it.  I'm also going to propose the dose be lowered AGAIN because the neuropathy continues to persist with no relief.  I'm now seeing a Neuro Reflex Therapist who does hour long sessions on either my feet or hands to try to "wake up" the nerves again.  The therapy can be quite painful but worth it if I can get relief.  She said I probably won't feel any relief until I've had 4-5 sessions.  I had one earlier in the week and I have one again later today. 
Thank you everyone for your continued support
Denise

3 comments:

Ron and Marie said...

We are happy that you guys made it to the beach. The picture of you and O. at the beach looks great. The picture kind of tugs at you to go there too. The ocean is so relaxing and healing. We pray every night for you. We love you!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful against the waves! You are doing an awesome job and I'm really proud of you. I'm in nm til tues but wanna hook up with you when u have time and feel good. I hope ur neuropathy improves with each session!
Kecia

MKrueger said...

You look so awesome! I am so happy for you!

Karen K.


Dr. Oliver