Friday, March 25, 2011

Round 5, Post Chemo Day 2 and Hanging in there

I am happy to say that I have been out of bed all day.  Even went for a descent walk, not as long as usual but still a considerable distance.  My symptoms are present but too a much lesser degree.  Nausea is just knocking on the back door and being well controlled with meds.  The bowels are not normal but they are at least moving ever so slowing.  The debilitating bone aches is just making me feel a bit weak and shaky but no horrific pain.  I definitely have an overall fatigue, but that can be cured with a nap.  (And who doesn't want a nap from time to time?)  I can contribute the improvement in symptoms to several factors: 1) I really tried to work on my attitude this time around, 2) homeopathic supplements suggested by MerriAnn to help with symptoms I had complained about in the past, and 3) my oncologist made a decision to lower my Taxol dose due to the significant neuropathy I've been experiencing since day 1 of Round 1.  There is a chance that it is not reversible so he decided to lower the chemo dose.  Personally, I think it should have been lowered on the last round but am happy we are on the same page now with this round.  I am thinking very positive that the next few days will stay consistent with today and or even improve.  Keep the good thoughts coming. Thank you, Denise

4 comments:

Jolene said...

I am glad you are doing ok, keep fighting just like the poster. I proud of you, God bless

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this good report Denise. Keep that great attitude!

Angie said...

You are always keeping your positive attitude and always smiling. I am so glad you are improving more and more my friend.. We all still praying for you and you always in out thoughts. Take care Love ya!! give kisses to your baby and fam.

Ron and Marie said...

Hi Denise.
It was good to see you out and about at the auction even though there wasn't much to bid on. We are glad that you are getting through treatments with a little less discomfort. We love you and we pray every night for you.


Dr. Oliver