Monday, March 21, 2011

READYING FOR ROUND 5

I bought this Rocky movie banner some time ago at a theater in Stockton who was getting rid of their banners they used to promote certain movies.  I bought it as an inspiration of my athletic challenges I take on such as the marathons and the triathlon.  Little did I know that it would help to inspire me to get through and complete chemotherapy.  After the last round I remembered I had the banner and told Mom I wanted to hang it up.  It has led to a complete reorganization of my room over the past few weeks.  The banner is now hanging as you can see and I am preparing to face Round 5 of chemo.  As I've mentioned before I am ready to be an anomaly of chemo and have a better and better experience with each round rather than the reverse.  This last round WAS better, although, still quite the challenge, but once I bounced back my energy continued to improve the past week or so.  I haven't needed to take a nap since the week following chemo.  I am stocked with more herbs that MerriAnn has recommended to help with the symptoms and I have the meditations to listen to while the chemo is being infused and a positive attitude again that things will be better.  I have my pre-chemo appointment and lab work tomorrow with my oncologist, chemo all day on Wednesday, and a post recovery appointment with MerriAnn on Thursday.  Please keep sending the strong will and positive thoughts my way. THANK YOU ALWAYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Way to go Denise, love the poster and the whole message that comes with it. Stay strong and beautiful like you are and always have been. Great picture of you and Mr. Oliver, love your smile and I can almost hear your laugh!!

Love you,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Ohhh that laugh! I can hear it too Laurie. You are incredible Nesie and I love your attitude. This round will be the best yet! Keep smiling cuz,
Mel

Unknown said...

Go Rocky! I love the poster.....play the theme song at ur next infusion!! Keep going you are almost there. I'm really proud of you and your determination...u r inspiring! See u soon.


Dr. Oliver