Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Improving each day. Continued cramping and bowel issues and started some new herbs recommended by my energy healer/nutritionist to help with this.

Yesterday, Friday, I visited my workplace and visited with staff.  It was great to see everyone and get re-connected.

During the next week or so I'm open for healthy visitors or anyone who would like to join Oliver and myself for a walk through the vineyards and orchards.  (Bring shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.)  Visitors via phone are also welcome.

Enjoying the sunshine, Denise

1 comment:

Marilyn Derby said...

Good morning darling,

Reading your blog updates always reminds me of the days when Caden had to endure so many violations to her body - all of them necessary to keep her alive, but violations none the less. I remember learning to understand her nonverbal communication as speech was not yet an option. I remember the days that I went to the hospital and couldn't touch her because every time I did her vital signs got worse. Some days she only had enough energy to breathe - not enough to breathe and be touched. I also remember the nurses telling me that it would be an experience of two steps forward and one step back. They lied. Some days were 28 steps back. But there were many more days with steps forward. And so the journey progressed. Some good days, some bad days, and a few very bad days. But 11 years later, there are only a few remnants of her medical issues. At this moment, she's kicking on the back of my chair while I write to you, annoyed with me because I promised to read to her this morning. We're reading the Eragon series and having a hard time putting the books down. What a joy she is. Those hard days are but a distant memory now.

When Caden was first born, weighing only a pound, the doctors told me that she would likely do well because she had such a strong spirit. At first I wondered how they could tell. Then I learned how to read her. They were so right. Her strong spirit can be frustrating when she's feeling oppositional. But I'm always grateful for it because I know it's what got her through. Your spirit sounds as strong as ever. I love you.


Dr. Oliver