Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finally feeling better post Round 4

Well Round 4 wasn't as bad as the last round but still was plenty miserable and bed confining.  The bowel issues continue to be the most threatening of symptoms.  Add to that the hours and days of intestinal cramping the worsening neuropathy, aching bones and nausea/vomiting and I just don't have much drive or desire to willingly go through this two more times.  It simply amazes me how much torture the medical community can dish out and still consider it "treatment" and convince a person it is what they need to survive, when all along all it feels like their doing is killing you.  I hate to sound so negative but I'm writing on my first good day in the past week so my attitude is still in the process of being adjusted upwards.  Oliver is very good medicine for that, as always.
My mom is also adding the one picture of me in my wig to the post today.  It was taken when we visited Darla in Monterey and went to the Aquarium.  We will also attempt a walk today, which I haven't been able to muster the past couple of days.
Thank you to everyone for your support; I promise there will a more upbeat post to come in the next few days.
Denise

6 comments:

Cindy Riley said...

LOVE the wig!!! You look amazing, and continue to inspire me daily. Love you, continued prayers coming your way.
I emailed you the pictures that I took when we all had dinner.

Unknown said...

Nise - Venting is a necessary part of the upward attitude adjustment process - so feel free to get it out of your system. I am glad to hear Dr. Oliver is administering some much-needed comfort and love! The wig looks amazing. Maybe I should get the contact info... hahahahaha. Anyway, we are thinking of you always - hope you get outside today to get a walk and some fresh air. xxoo.

Anonymous said...

You are allowed one negative post every four rounds. Just kidding. You can vent whenever you want! I love you unconditionally Nisie. I also love the wig. I honestly don't think I would've known from the picture that it was a wig. I hope you had a great walk that refreshed your soul.

Adam said...

Nice do!

Glad that you are feeling better enough to scribble a note to us!

As always, you are in my prayers and I hold the vision of a healthy happy you in my mind, cause that's the end point of this journey (and the beginning of the next!)

Love and blessings!

Jolene said...

Glad to hear that are you are doing better, you are in my prayers, keep up the fight, your winning. God Bless

Traci said...

Love the wig. Glad to hear that the weather is allowing you to get outside and breathe some fresh air. Sending lots of love from Yuma.
XOXO~ Traci:)


Dr. Oliver