Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm up and part of life again!

Hello all, Denise here.  I am happy to be able to write my own blog today.  As my mom touched on in the last blog, the last round of chemo did not go well at all.  After my IP treatment I had a near bowel obstruction and it was decided by my oncologist and infusion nurse that the side effects from the IP treatments were far outweighing the benefits to me.  I had a hard time accepting this, but then Susan my infusion nurse explained simply that, "if you broke out in hives from treatment wouldn't you be ok with us advising you to stop" and of course I said yes.  So she said this is no different, that I was having far too serious effects and to continue could be VERY harmful to me.  I just wanted to be able to do all I could to try to clear the cancer so to stop the more aggressive treatment was a challenge, but I do accept it now.
I meet with my oncologist this Thursday to discuss the new treatment plan.  With the IV therapy the protocol is not so definite on how many treatments are recommended, and can be anywhere from 6 -  ..... Some people have many more, even up to 12 or so.  I will keep you posted.
I'm also working with an alternative healer now who has given me some meditation CD's with the purpose of helping my body accept the chemo better and therefore hopefully have far less side effects.  
I have this week to try to get back on track and get rested, and to visit with some of you.  It's funny how easily I fatigue.  I got up yesterday and helped my mom make breakfast.  I made some biscuits and then was exhausted.  I said ok, I'm going to lay down again.  ha ha.
I appreciate everyone's support, comments, emails, cards, meals, calls, visits,.....This is definitely not a battle for one so thank you for being there for me.  Hopefully, I can write a few more up beat blogs this week before resuming chemo again on March 2nd.
Thank you and I love you all,
Denise

4 comments:

ryukyusoul said...

Atta girl!!! So happy to hear from you directly! The alternative healer - sounds like a great addition, excited to hear about that. Definitely work on making your body stronger energetically and to help the healing that it innately knows how to do. Align and tap into the healing energy! Love you, Denise!

Jolene said...

Denise, I am glad you are doing better, I am sorry things have been rough, if you need anything please let me know, God Bless, you are in my prayers.

Angie said...

I am so happy to hear that you made some baking. You are the best on baking yummy.. I remember the best desert that i love from you to bake "Carmellitas" yummy.. I am glad to hear you are doing better.. We all keep thinking of you and still paying for you.. Take care my friend..Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! Thanks for taking the time and energy to write. Love you cuz!


Dr. Oliver