Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day of Appointments

Well it all in all was a good day; I'm absolutely exhausted now, but still want to give you all an update.  Saw my Oncologist first thing in the morning. He confirmed that with the IV regimen of chemo, I only have to do 3 more treatments to finish my 6 treatments total.  So I have a little less than 3 months of chemo left.  There was a discussion of when to remove my intraperitoneal port (IP).  It was decided to consult with the surgeon to determine if it is ok to remove during chemo when my immune system is lower and there is greater risk of infection.
I also had an appointment with my alternative healer today.  We reviewed a meditation that focuses on healing and repair, especially around the body/health and relationships.
My third appointment of the day was with Bobbie at The Wig Palace.  She custom fits wigs specifically to the person's head and styles the wig to your desire.  So I now have a wig that gives me a pretty close resemblance to what I used to look like.  Once the wig was on, it was quite evident that I need to start wearing make up again, especially to color in my sparse/disappearing eyebrows and eyelashes.   Overall the wig does look pretty real and good to have to wear in public.
Until next time,
Denise

4 comments:

soupymama said...

Wow! A same-day wig! For some reason I imagined it would take some time to order--that's very good news. Can't wait to see you.

Angie said...

Awesome!! I am so Happy for you!!.. Love Ya..

Cindy Riley said...

You remember my friend Sara from school? Her mom loved her wig when she was going through chemo. Said it was so nice to jump out of the shower and have her hair already done. Love you and continued prayers coming your way.

Ron and Marie said...

Hi Denise.
you look s-o-o-o-o cute at my BD dinner. Thank you for coming, it was sweet of you. Uncle Ron and I pray for you every night at bedtime.


Dr. Oliver