Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Here's a new photo of Denise (on a good day) and Oliver out for their daily walk.  A "thanks" to Arlene for the cute "doggy paws hat."  And thanks to those who have also gifted hats to Denise.

Two of the three chemo therapies completed for Cycle 3.  Denise had an infusion on Friday for hydration (chemo depletes fluids) and anti-naseau meds via IV.  This is an added regiment to combat the vomiting which is successful thus far.  She's pretty much staying in bed until the discomforts of chemo subside.  She's complaining about her knees hurting and the neuropothy is very present.  Neuropothy, tingling and numbness in the hands and feet, is troublesome too. 

In remembrance of President Lincoln and his efforts to heal our nation!  Joan/Mom

5 comments:

Cindy Riley said...

You look fantastic!!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see a picture of you. That might sound weird. But I really hate that I can't visit you, so a picture is good. Another hard thing about living far away is worrying that my kids won't be as close to my extended family. But after praying for you every day I think my kids are going to feel a special connection with you. Keenan asked his friends to pray for you. I think that's a pretty big deal for a 10 year old boy. I hope you feel the love we're sending your way!

Unknown said...

okay, i just typed a LONG message and then forgot my password...so it is gone.
so, now short message.
i am not sick anymore...would love to visit--am free during feb 21 week. any days that week work for you? tues and thurs are best for me, but i can make any work.

Unknown said...

Hope you felt the TEAM love comin' at ya on Saturday morning! Will get training bracelets soon and send some your way along with our workout schedule. Love the pic of you and Oliver.

Adam said...

Might possibly be in town Friday (2/18) for a couple of days. Will keep you posted and if you are feeling like you can put up with me (and meet, Tony :), would love to see you!


Dr. Oliver