Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An eventful last few days left Denise very depleted from the side effects of chemo therapy.  I don't want to bore you with details but if you're interested please contact me.

Denise went to her appointment for the final Cycle 3 chemo therapy treatment today.  Due to the recent side effects, she was not give the treatment.  Tentatively, her new treatment will be one day every three weeks of taxol and carbotaxol in her shoulder port; no more IP or abdominal port treatments.  This regiment will have far less side effects and a better quality of life while undergoing chemo therapy!

New photos coming soon.

Joan/Mom

4 comments:

soupymama said...

Quality of Life--that's an enormous consideration. You've ALWAYS made it a priority for yourself, and things should be no different now. You're a person who knows how to get the most out of the present, and I think this new regimen will help with that. Not that it won't be tough--but it will allow you recovery time, hopefully less injury to your body, and less time in-clinic. All of those things will help with keeping your mind at ease. So, good. A new regimen, and one that's in keeping with what you need for yourself.

Adam said...

Hi Denise... I'm hoping this puts a smile on your face... a few folks on here might get this... the thought in my head revolves around the consumption of paste, yes, that would be the Elmer's variety.... just a funny thought from our shared past :p

Angie said...

Hi Denise,
I love to see you and Oliver @ least tru a picture.. You are looking great, hope you are feeling the same as well.. We are still praying for you.. Take care my friend. Love ya.. Buy the way jst. to give you heads up we are planing to go visit you in vaccation time. I am so excited to see ya again..Take care my friend. Hang in there.. Love ya..

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that this is a good week for you! Here's a quote from Dr.Seuss that reminds me of you:
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
That cancer is messin' with the wrong girl!!
Love you lots, Mel


Dr. Oliver