Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, May 16th

She's back!!!!  I am happy to report that I completed my first 5k post cancer/chemo.  Granted, I walked the whole race and it is only a 5k (3.1 miles), but I did it.  Actually, Oliver and I did it.  Despite the fact that Mom and I walk most days we usually are walking 1-2 miles so the 5k was a bit of a challenge.   It was a Kaiser sponsored race and a group of the Kaiser Nurse Practitioners were doing the race and asked if I wanted to do it with them.  It was great to see some of my friends AND walk the race.  And Congratulations to Elena (Tracy Ob/Gyn NP) who won the women's 5k race.  She has completely inspired me because she also is a cancer survivor and is now winning races (a bucket list item for me).  
Other than that my condition has been status quo.  I'm still struggling with the neuropathy and fatigue.  After the 5k, I came home that day and took a 2 hour nap. ha ha.  I am also now having more of the bone aches that I experienced 2-3 wks after round 5 of chemo.  I started treatment today with a Chinese acupuncturist, which I hope will help.  I continue to work with MerriAnn, especially with nutritional supplements that she has recommended to boost up my immunity again.  I am also still having sessions with Sandy every week with the neuro reflex therapy.  
I again would like to thank everyone for their support and positive thoughts.  
Denise

4 comments:

Cindy Riley said...

You are incredible!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed and inspired by you!! It's great to hear from you again. I sure didn't expect to hear the 5K news. Both Talynn and Keenan's chins dropped when I told them you ran a 5K! They were still impressed when I told them that you walked it. :) I'll keep praying for a stronger immune system and relief from the neuropathy and bone pain. Love you cuz!

Jolene said...

I am so happy for you, I am very proud of you. God Bless.

Adam said...

You have always been an amazing person and you continue to amaze me! Blessings and love coming at ya!


Dr. Oliver