Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, May 7th

Happy early Mother's Day to you all.  I am COMPLETELY done with all chemotherapy.  Yea!!!!!!!!!  I had my last round last week and have recovered nicely from it.  Other than the neuropathy and tiring easily, I am feeling quite well.  Now I can focus on recovery.  I plan to do several detox types of therapy about 3 wks post chemo. 
It was a chemo that almost didn't happen.  My cell counts were too low to get the chemo per protocol, but since it was my last round the on-call doctor approved it anyway. Later in the day the nurse made a comment that the doctor would probably ok a chemo for someone who was in a coffin.  Once arriving home I looked more closely at my labs from this round and my previous round.  I barely qualified to get chemo on the previous round and in the 5wks in between the two rounds my levels still didn't rise to what they were before the last round.  So for the next 2-3 months I need to be careful to not be exposed to any infectious people because I don't have much of an immunity.  I started some supplements to try to boost me up quicker.  I am continuing with my healing meditations and my neuro reflex therapy for the neuropathy. 
Thank you again for all of your support and have a GREAT weekend!
Denise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaa!!! Or as we say here in Oklahome, YAAAHOOO!! Ok, we don't really say that but I'm so excited about you being done with chemo that I would yell anything. Way to go cuz! I hope you're having a fabulous Mothers Day with your Mom. You both deserve a very special day. I love you both. Mel

Cindy Riley said...

So happy that this part of your journey is done. You are so courageous and truly inspiring. I love you!!

Angie said...

I am glad you are done with the chemo. I know you went through rough moments. I am happy for you that you are getting better and no more chemo yuppy.. Love ya my friend. God bless ya.. Remember you are in my mind and prayers everyday. Hang in there my friend you are almost there..


Dr. Oliver