Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Joan/Mom here.  Lots to catch up with.  Last weekend the family spent the weekend camping at Smithwoods RV Park in Felton.  Denise was feeling achy but made the most of being at the coast--a favorite place for all of us.  Enjoyed the campfire Friday pm with Adam, a life long friend of Denise's who lives in the area.  We saw some dolphins cresting and also some whales.  Watched Dana and Bobby's dogs, Sophia (golden retriever) and Wriggly (chocolate cocker) let their hearts run free at the dog beach. 

Chemo treatment on Monday, relaxed Tuesday, felt really good Wednesday and walked.  Thursday and Friday chemo constipation raged havoc and wiped Denise out.  Saturday was spent at the St. Joseph's and American Cancer Society's Treat Meant Day receiving lots of information and net working with others experiencing the spirituality and camaraderie.  Today Denise will take it easy and deal with a second bout of chemo constipation.

More to come as Denise gets her energy up and going. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow!! I am glad you went campingwith your fam. I am always thinking of you and you are in my prayers as well. Take care my friend. Say hi to your parents. God bless ya and love ya!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to spend more time at the ocean with family and friends. Thanks for the continued updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers EVERY day. I wish I could be there to hang out with you for a while. I love you! Mel


Dr. Oliver