Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Denise's 2011 New Year's resoluton is:  "It's about me and me loving myself unconditionally!"

Thursday was challenging for Denise.  It was painful to move and the pain meds were not helping that much.  She vegged most of the day and did some research on the internet about IPs--the port inserted in the abdomen that is causing the pain.  Not much positive research about pain diminishing with time so this will be a grin and bear it situation.

Friday was better and Denise managed a short walk and enjoyed visiting with friends from the bay area.  Today, Saturday, is a little better yet and is having a few more visitors.  Denise is aware that when chemo starts again she won't feel like visiting much.

She has completed her prescription of antibiotics for the infection in her incision.  She still has some weaping and redness and has called her doctor to prescribe another round of antibiotics. 

Joan/Mom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you are in pain. But, I am grateful that it will not be a LASTING pain. I will have to put my visit off since I'm still getting over my sickness.
I hope this is a WONDERFUL new year for you.

mellee said...

Happy New Year Denise, Aunt Joan (and all the fam). May this be a year of supernatural healing that returns you all to better than "normal" life. Denise, you've always had a love for life and lived it to the fullest. I'm sure that makes it even harder to feel weak and confined. So my new year wish for you is that you'll be filled with strength that gets you through the worst moments and a peaceful calm that helps you enjoy the good moments (even if those good moments have to be spent laying in bed). I continue to pray for you and send my love!
Mel

Unknown said...

Hey Denise! Happy New Year! Here's to a year of good health, renewal, and a large dose of fun!!!

It was wonderful to see you on Friday. We sent you something in your email to help keep you entertained over the next set of weeks. We will also box up our DVDs and get them to you.

Can't wait to get over there and visit again, but in the meantime - our thoughts and prayers are with you!!! xoxo - Neil & Mark


Dr. Oliver