Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello all, Denise here.  Well I'm almost a week out from my last chemo and a week more of feeling better until round 3 starts.  I mustered up a pretty good walk today.  The walk felt good but caused quite a bit of pain in my abdominal port that still remains hours later.  Feels like a bad stitch you would get in your side from running.  Wish the cause was a good run, rather than a foreign object in my body.
Had to return to the clinic yesterday for worsening wound issues.  I now have several areas in my surgical incision that are opened up and require mom to pack them twice daily.  She's as excited about it as I am.  The packing, as you can imagine, is quite uncomfortable.
I should be feeling well enough for visitors in the next few days if anyone has been trying to come visit and is right now HEALTHY.  These are the days that the chemo has my immune system the weakest so I have to limit what I'm exposed to.
Again thank you to all who send your support and love, it is much appreciated.
Take Care,
Denise

7 comments:

Jolene said...

Good seeing you last night at Support Group, I hope it helped, you are not alone in this, if you need anything, give us a Call(Support group)or me a call. Were here for you.

Adam said...

Good luck with the dressing changes (to both of you!) I hope that it all heals up quickly!

Glad to hear that you got to enjoy a good walk, but I hope the discomfort (being optimistic) is all better!

-A

teendevincenzi said...

I wish I could come see you this weekend...(two birthday parties, a basketball game, ordering girl scout cookies and a three-year-old with a spasming bladder will prevent me)...I am thinking about you every day!

Unknown said...

Hi Denise - Hope the "stitch" pain has diminished at least somewhat. Sorry to hear about the packing. Hope to get to see you this weekend! Thinking about you.

ryukyusoul said...

Nisee, so good to "hear" from you! I'm not close enough by to say hello, but continuing to send the healing vibes your way! Admiring your persistence in walking and hoping the wound areas heal up quickly.

Celebrating 40 this week! Gee, odd to think we were just 20 when the RA thing began! Paths cross for all sorts of reasons and leaves all shades of footprints. You're still leaving prints in mine and I think of you everyday as I read a book called "Energy Medicine".

At work now, but glad I snuck away for a "meaningful" break via your blog. Love you!

Unknown said...

Ok where's my new pic?

Dim Sum Lum said...

Hey, I'm coming home next Sunday the 30th for my great-niece's birthday. Do you think you'll be up for a visitor? I know it's day by day, so I'll check in with you closer to it. I can't help pack your wounds, but as you know, I'm a pro at sitting on my ass and gossiping.

Love you!


Dr. Oliver