Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday Denise visited the doctor to check her surgical incision.  The incision has a small opening and is leaking fluid (won't go into details here--don't think most of you could handle the raw details).  An air pocket, so to speak, has developed under the skin and filled with fluid preventing complete healing. 

Today, same as yesterday, the nausea and vomiting continue.  We're just trying to keep the liquids going in so she doesn't have to go to ER for hydration. 

Dana came over and helped me with caring for her incision (again--tmi--too much information to share).  Denise did muster a walk in the sunshine to the end of our road and back 

The oncologist ordered a commode and wheelchair which were delivered today--sure hope we won't need them!

Joan/Mom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there woman, thinking of you every day. If any one can take this as it comes its you. I believe in your inner strength!

MKrueger said...

Hi Denise and Joan...I'm thinking about you, and sending healing love, light and health! I'm rooting for you! Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Denise...haven't posted in awhile but know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know that you're fighting this battle like a champ!! How else do marathoners do things? Speaking of marathons...LOL. I think you're doing more walking than I am these days. TNT info meetings start this week and our first Saturday training is on Jan. 29th. Charlie, Christine and Marsha have all retired. Rick King is our Modesto coach and Angela Schut is our Stockton coach. Our coordinator is still tba but I'm very hopeful that it's someone I know and admire alot. Charlie has gone on to coach Team Challenge, a team with sponsorship from Modesto Memorial Hospital.
Denise, at the beginning of each team workout, there is a time for dedications. I am going to add your name to each of our workouts for as long as it takes for you to be cancer-free. If we still have the wristband thing going on (changes, changes...) I'll be sure to have enough for you, family and friends to wear and know that I'll be wearing one too for the entire training season. One for all and all for one--our battle cry!!! Team family is forever family, you know. Hard to get rid of us. :)
I know there are some tough days for you. Our thoughts and prayers are for easier days and ones filled with much love, laughter, sunshine, Oliver...and anything else that makes you smile and feel better. Many, many hugs to you. Connie

Cindy Riley said...

It breaks my heart to hear what you are going through, wish there was something I could do to help. Love you all.

Dim Sum Lum said...

My sister writes a lot. :)

Love and miss you. I've almost kicked this cough, so maybe next weekend, I'll come home and see you if you're up to it.

Anonymous said...

Hope this finds you having a good day,your Oregon family thinks of you often and sends our best wishes. We really appreciate being included in following your path to good health again. Check it daily to see how you are, send my prayers and then say - GO GIRL, YOUR A SOUTHWICK, YOU ARE ONE TOUGH AND LOVED LADY, SURROUNDED WITH PRAYERS AND FAMILY. LOVE TO YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY.


Dr. Oliver